A comprehensive view of the event industry in 2023 is almost here, and we can’t be more excited to share this year’s findings with all of you.
In AAE’s 2023 Speaking Industry Benchmark Report, you’ll again find valuable insight into both sides of the speaking industry. It’s chock full of actionable takeaways for both event organizers who book speakers and professional speakers who captivate audiences.
You can grab your free copy on April 3, but for now let’s talk about what you can expect to glean from AAE’s second Speaking Industry Benchmark Report. We surveyed hundreds of event professionals to answer some burning questions about the state of the event industry.
Some that will be familiar to those who downloaded the 2022 report, like:
- What topics are event organizers prioritizing this year?
- Which event formats are the most popular right now?
- How do event organizer budgets and speaking fees compare?
- Are event organizers and speakers aligned on event planning timelines?
- How do event organizers measure the success of events?
Since this report is a sequel, you know we had to step it up a bit. In our 2023 report, we asked — and answered — even more questions, with the overall goal of understanding how things have changed since last year.
Here are a few new questions you can expect to have answered:
- What types of roles typically make up an event planning team?
- How is economic uncertainty impacting event budget, speaker fees, and format?
- How have event budgets and speaking fees changed from 2022 to 2023?
- What strategies are event organizers utilizing to build community among their audiences?
- How do event organizers and speakers prefer to approach potentially controversial topics?
When it comes down to it, the reason AAE produces this report annually is twofold: to gain a deeper understanding (for ourselves, clients, and industry friends) of the event industry and to bring insights that are useful to anyone looking to make more informed decisions about their work around events.
As we count down the weeks to the report’s release, we’ll send email updates and post to all of our social media channels (so connect with us if you’re not already), making it quick and easy for you to be one of the first to grab your free copy on April 3.
We’re getting the word out in other ways, too. AAE’s very own Jennifer Best is taking these event industry insights on the road to give a sneak peek of the report at the Catersource + The Special Event conference in Orlando on March 30. If you’ll be at the event, stop by AAE’s session during the conference and also get access to an advance copy of the full report days ahead of the market.