Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the next big thing in tech for marketers and event planners. From data collection to streamlined customer service, these AI advancements help event planners run their event or conference with ease. Here are five ways to utilize artificial intelligence for your next event!
Chatbots are beneficial for events because they provide customer service, as well as an alternative to an event app. They are a concierge service and they minimize the need for staff to answer simple inquiries. You could also add a chatbot to your website!
2.) Deep Learning and Algorithms
Deep learning is “the ability for computers to learn when exposed to new data, without being explicitly programmed.” Deep learning is beneficial for events because it allows for personalization of event experience through intelligent matchmaking (among people and matching the user with a specific session). Algorithms aid in problem solving and allows for data predictions. Algorithms are beneficial for events because it can predict the best choices for an individual attendee (regarding schedule or networking), customer service, and increases branding and engagement at the event.
3.) Voice Activation
Voice activation works similar to a chatbot but with only voice commands. Voice activation technology is beneficial for events because it can understand and respond to questions (like Siri and Alexa), offers language translation, and can suggest potential sessions or people to meet at the event.
4.) Facial Recognition
Facial recognition is a tool that can, “identify or verify a person from an image or video.” Facial recognition systems are beneficial for events because they streamline check in, provide a “virtual key” for access to specific areas, surveillance and security, and would take away the need for a physical ticket for the event.
5.) Data and Security
All of these AI uses gather and collect data from the users. Therefore, data input and security is also very important. When using AI, and collecting data for an event, it is necessary to maintain data integrity and keep users data secure and accurate.
AI Speakers to watch:
- Maurice Conti, Director, Strategic Innovation at Autodesk
- James McLurkin, Roboticist, Inventor, Researcher, Teacher
- Cynthia Breazeal, Associate Professor of Media Arts and Sciences, MIT Media Lab
- Heather Knight, Creative Inventor & Specialist in Human-Robot Interaction
- Dr. Kate Darling, Leading Expert in Robot Ethics; Researcher, MIT Media Lab
- Hiroshi Ishiguro, Director of Intelligent Robotics Laboratory at Osaka University
- Jordan P. Evans, NASA Engineer, Space Robotics Futurist
- Brian David Johnson, Futurist & Director of Casting, Intel Corporation
- Andrew NG, Founder of Coursera
- Bill O’Connor, Autodesk Innovation Strategist + Founder, Autodesk Innovation Genome
- Tatjana Dzambazova, Technology Whisperer & Product Manager, Reality Capture & Digitial Fabrication at Autodesk
- Raffaello D’Andrea, Entrepreneur, Engineer, Artist, Professor of Dynamic Systems & Control
When: August 19-25, 2017
Where: Melbourne, Australia
When: September 7-8, 2017
Where: London, UK
When: October 29-November 2, 2017
Where: Las Vegas, NV
When: November 1-3, 2017
Where: Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
When: December 12-14, 2017
Where: Cambridge, UK