TEDWomen is a conference that showcases trailblazers who are dedicated to changing the status quo. Every year, thousands gather to watch these leaders spread ideas supporting diversity, equality, and empowerment. AAE has worked with many of these pioneers and we are excited to see what they bring to the TEDWomen 2018 stage.
Speakers to Watch at TEDWomen 2018
Social Activist & Founder of the Me Too Movement
The original creator of the viral “Me Too” social media movement, Tarana Burke has dedicated her life to fighting for social justice for young black women and girls. While on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Tarana Burke explained what the Me Too movement is really about.
Former President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America
As the former president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Cecile Richards led a national organization that has worked for nearly 100 years to build a healthier and safer world for women and teens. Watch her speak about the need for businesses’ support of women’s health at BSR Conference 2017.
Co-Founder & First VP Emeritus of the United Farm Workers of America
Dolores Huerta is the President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation. She has been working as a community organizer for over 50 years and has played a major role in the American civil rights movement. In this video, she addresses the audience at the Democratic National Convention in 2016.
Kenyan Educator, Feminist & Social Activist
As the founder and president of the Kakenya’s Dream organization, Kakenya Ntaiya believes education will empower and motivate young girls to become agents of change in their families, communities, and countries. Listen to her personal fight for education in her captivating TED Talk.
Lead for Sustainability at Google & Former Chief Sustainability Officer for the Obama Administration
Kate Brandt leads sustainability across Google’s worldwide operations and products. Previously, Kate served as President Obama and the Nation’s first Chief Sustainability Officer. Watch her speech on circular cities and technology for Women in Cleantech & Sustainability Talks at Google above.
Full TEDWomen 2018 Lineup
- Simona Abdallah, Percussionist
- Galit Ariel, Creative Director, WondARlands BV & Author of “Augmenting Alice”
- William Barber, Protestant Minister & Political Leader
- Shad Begum, Founding Director of the Association for Behavior and Knowledge Transformation
- Ane Brun, Songwriter, Guitarist & Vocalist
- Climbing Poetree, Award-Winning Performers
- Lucy Cooke, Zoologist, TV Producer & Bestselling Author
- Ariana Curtis, Curator of the Anacostia Community Museum & Smithsonian Latino Center
- Marian Wright Edelman, Founder & President of the Children’s Defense Fund
- Flor De Toloache, Latin Grammy-Award Winning Mariachi Band
- Shohini Ghose, Award-Winning Physicist & 2018 TED Senior Fellow
- Carla Harris, Vice Chairman, Managing Director & Senior Client Advisor at Morgan Stanley
- Katharine Hayhoe, Atmospheric Scientist and Professor of Political Science & Director of the Climate Science Center at Texas Tech University
- Maeve Higgins, Comedian, Podcast Host & Author of “Maeve in America”
- Ayanna Howard, Roboticist & Professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Lindy Lou Isonhood, Juror Number 2
- Eldra Jackson, Facilitator at Inside Circle
- Helen Marriage, Director of Artichoke
- Majd Mashhawari, Civil Engineer & CEO of GreenCake
- Nora McInerny, Humorist, Essayist, Podcast Host & Author of “It’s Okay to Laugh: (Crying is Cool Too)”
- Monique W. Morris, Award-Winning Author & Social Justice Scholar
- Beth Mortimer, Physical Biologist
- Danielle Moss Lee, CEO of the YWCA of the City of New York
- Farida Nabourema, Social Activist & Blogger
- Tarje Nissen-Meyer, Associate Professor of Geophysics at the University of Oxford
- Ai-jen Poo, Director of the National Domestic Workers Alliance & #TimesUp Activist
- Emily Quinn, Intersex Activist, Artist & Animator
- Jan K. Rader, Huntington Fire Chief & Humanitarian
- Nivruti Rai, Country Head Intel India & VP of Data Center Group at Intel Corporation
- Karissa Sanbonmatsu, Principal Investigator at Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Ashweetha Shetty, Founder of the Bodhi Tree Foundation
- Liz Theoharris, Director of the Kairos Center & Founder and Coordinator of the Poverty Initiative
- Kotchakorn Voraakhom, Founder & Director of Landscape & Urban Design
- Katharine Wilkinson, Environmentalist & Bestselling Lead Writer of “Drawdown”
- Amanda Williams, Visual Artist
- Paula Stone Williams, Pastor of Preaching & Worship at Left Hand Church
- Jonathan Williams, Pastor at Forefront Brooklyn
- Yvonne Van Amerongen-Heijer, Founder of Hogeway Dementia Village
AAE is a full-service talent booking agency that uses modern technology, deep knowledge, and personalized service to help event planners book the best speakers and entertainment for their organizations. Our #1 goal is to make the planners’ job easier, more efficient and more enjoyable. To achieve this, we provide clients access to the world’s largest database of speakers and celebrities, plus tools and hands-on support throughout every stage of the booking process.
To inquire about booking a keynote speaker for your next event, please contact us.