The SALT Conference, an annual event for thought leaders, business professionals, investors and public policy officials, brings together over 1,800 people from across the globe. Here, men and women debate and discuss geo-political events, macroeconomic trends, and investment opportunities. This year, the SALT Conference 2017 is taking place May 16th-May 19th in Las Vegas.
This marks the 7th year of the SALT Conference, an invitation-only event where accredited institutional investors, family offices, investment managers and service providers come together.
Top motivational speakers at the SALT Conference 2017
Activist, Investor and Hedge-Fund Manager
William (Bill) Ackman is the founder and CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management, an American hedge fund that holds shares in Wendy’s International and McDonald’s Corporation. As well it has interest in Target Corp., the second largest discount company in US. Graduated at Harvard College, he holds also an MBA from Harvard Business School. He began his career working for his father in the real estate, and in 1993 he founded Gotham Partners Management Co.
Ben S. Bernanke
Chairman, The Federal Reserve System (2006-2014)
Ben S. Bernanke is a Distinguished Fellow in Residence at the Hutchins Center on Fiscal & Monetary Policy at the Brookings Institution. From February 2006 through January 2014, he was Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Dr. Bernanke also served as Chairman of the Federal Open Market Committee, the System’s principal monetary policymaking body. Before his appointment as Chairman, Dr. Bernanke was Chairman of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers, from June 2005 to January 2006. He had already served the Federal Reserve System in several roles.
John O. Brennan
Former Director of the CIA
John O. Brennan is an American government official who was the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from March 2013-January 2017. He has served as chief counterterrorism adviser to U.S. President Barack Obama; his title was Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism and Assistant to the President. His responsibilities included overseeing plans to protect the country from terrorism and respond to natural disasters, and he met with the President daily.[ Previously, he advised Obama on foreign policy and intelligence issues during the 2008 presidential campaign and transition.
Former Prime Minister of the UK
David Cameron is a British politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2016 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 2005 to 2016. He was Member of Parliament (MP) for Witney from 2001 to 2016. Cameron identifies as a One-Nation Conservative, and has been associated with both economically liberal and socially liberal policies. Cameron has been praised for modernizing the Conservative Party and for decreasing the United Kingdom’s national deficit.
Actor and Stand Up Comedian
Emmy Award-winning comedian Dana Carvey has maintained an illustrious career. While a student at San Francisco State University, he won the San Francisco Stand-Up Comedy Competition. After graduation and countless club appearances, he became a regular on Saturday Night Live in 1986. Carvey left SNL after seven very successful seasons, establishing his best known characters; The Church Lady, Hans from body building duo Hans and Franz, Grumpy Old Man and Garth, the most Excellent Co-Host to Mike Myers in the immensely popular “Wayne’s World”.
Jeffrey E. Gundlach
CEO and CIO DoubleLine Capital LP
Mr. Gundlach is the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer of DoubleLine. He was formerly associated with TCW where he was Chief Investment Officer and head of fixed income activities. He is recognized as a leading expert in mortgage-backed securities and investment asset allocation. His investment strategies have been featured in leading publications including The New York Times, The Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Barron’s, Forbes, Fortune, Pensions & Investments and Institutional Investor.
Actor, Comedian, TV Host
Steve Harvey is an American actor, comedian, entertainer, television/radio personality and best-selling author who hosts The Steve Harvey Morning Show, Steve Harvey, and Family Feud. He is the author of Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, which was published in March 2009, and the book Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find and Keep a Man. He starred in The Steve Harvey Show, and he was featured in The Original Kings of Comedy. He also hosts the Steve Harvey Project, on an extended cable channel. Harvey began hosting Family Feud in September 2010, and is the first African American to do so.
Valerie B. Jarrett
Senior Advisor to President Obama
Valerie B. Jarrett is an American lawyer, businesswoman, and civic leader. She served as the Senior Advisor to the President of the United States and Assistant to the President for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs in the Obama administration from January 20, 2009 to January 20, 2017. Prior to joining the Obama Administration, she was the Chief Executive Officer of The Habitat Company. She also served as Co-Chair of the Obama-Biden Presidential Transition Team, and Senior Advisor to Obama’s presidential campaign.
Musician, Author, Philanthropist
Jewel is an acclaimed American singer, songwriter, actress, poet, painter, philanthropist and daughter to an Alaskan cowboy singer-songwriter. From the remote ranch of her Alaskan youth to the triumph of international stardom, the four-time Grammy nominee, hailed by the New York Times as a “songwriter bursting with talents” has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists. Her singular style and beauty continuously land her on the covers of such diverse magazines as TIME, People, Entertainment Weekly,Vanity Fair, In Style, Glamour and Seventeen. Stuff listed her among its “102 Sexiest Women in the World” while Blender went further, crowning her “rock’s sexiest poet.”
Founder and CEO of Third Point LLC
Daniel Loeb is an American investor, hedge fund manager, and philanthropist. Loeb founded Third Point LLC in 1995 and leads portfolio management, risk management and research activities. Dan Loeb is a Trustee of the United States Olympic Committee, Mt. Sinai Hospital, the Manhattan Institute, and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. He is a Member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the American Enterprise Institute’s National Council.
David M. Rubenstein
Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
David Rubenstein is an American financier and philanthropist best known as co-founder and co-chief executive officer of The Carlyle Group, a global private equity investment company based in Washington D.C. He co-founded the firm in 1987. Since then, Carlyle has grown into a firm managing more than $85 billion from 28 offices around the world.
Executive Chairman & Former CEO, Google
Eric Schmidt is an American software engineer, businessman, and the Executive Chairman of Alphabet, Inc. Schmidt served as the CEO of Google from 2001 to 2011. Eric Schmidt helped grow the company from a Silicon Valley startup to a global enterprise. Under his leadership, Google dramatically scaled its infrastructure and broadened its offerings while maintaining a culture of strong innovation. His background uniquely prepared him to lead Google’s efforts toward technological solutions that focus on users.
Boxing Heavyweight Champion
Mike Tyson is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1985 to 2005. He reigned as the undisputed world heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years, 4 months and 22 days old. Now dedicated to giving back to the community, Tyson launched his own charity, The Mike Tyson Cares Foundation, on December 7th, 2012. The Foundation’s mission is to “give kids a fighting chance” by providing innovative centers that offer services to meet the comprehensive needs of kids from broken homes.
Founder & Chairman of Equity International
Samuel Zell is an American businessman, with investments in commercial real estate, energy, manufacturing, logistics/transportation, healthcare, and communications. Zell is the founder and chairman of Equity International, a private investment firm focused on building real estate-related businesses in international emerging markets. In addition, Zell maintains substantial interests in, and is the Chairman of, several public companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange
General Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers
Mike Abbott joined Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 2011 and focuses on investments in the firm’s digital practice, helping entrepreneurs in the social, mobile and cloud computing sectors rapidly scale teams and ventures. An engineering leader, entrepreneur and investor, Mike led the building of innovative, high-performance applications and services at Twitter, Palm and Microsoft before he joined KPCB.
Democratic Political Strategist
Veteran Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile is an adjunct professor, author, syndicated columnist, television political commentator, vice chair of Voter Registration and Participation at the Democratic National Committee and former interim National Chair of the Democratic National Committee as well as the former chair of the DNC’s Voting Rights Institute.
President & CEO of the Kellogg Company
John Bryant has been Chairman of the Board of Kellogg Company since July 1, 2014. In this role, he also chairs the Executive Committee of the Board. Bryant was named President and Chief Executive Officer in January 2011. Bryant chairs Kellogg’s diversity and inclusion council and links diversity goals to executive compensation; he and his direct reports are executive sponsors of the company’s six resource groups.
Anchor of Fox Business Network Show
Liz Claman joined FOX Business Network (FBN) as an anchor in October 2007. Her debut included an exclusive interview with Berkshire Hathaway CEO and legendary investor Warren Buffett. Since the 07 launch of Fox Business, Claman has brought extended and exclusive interviews to the networks viewers ranging from Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Muhtar Kent, the CEO of Coca Cola, McDonalds Jim Skinner, Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro, European Central Bank leader Jean-Claude Trichet, Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, Microsofts Bill Gates, Fords Alan Mulally and Googles Eric Schmidt.
Former Governor of NJ; Former CEO of Golman Sachs
Jon Corzine is an American financial executive and former politician. A Democrat, he was a United States Senator from New Jersey from 2001 to 2006 and was the 54th Governor of New Jersey from 2006 to 2010. He also worked as CEO of Goldman Sachs during the 1990s and was CEO of MF Global from 2010 to 2011.
Hedge Fund Correspondent for Reuters
Lawrence Delevingne was the Big Money enterprise reporter for CNBC.com from 2013 to 2015. He focuses on large money managers, especially hedge and private equity funds. Before joining CNBC in September 2013, Delevingne was a senior staff writer at hedge fund publication Absolute Return from 2010 to 2013. He has also written for Business Insider, Fortune and BusinessWeek.
Award Winning Foreign Correspondent
Lara Logan is a South African television and radio journalist and war correspondent. She is the chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News and a correspondent for CBS’s 60 Minutes. Logan was named CBS News chief foreign correspondent in February 2006 and chief foreign affairs correspondent in 2008, all while contributing to 60 Minutes beginning in 2005.
SALT Conference Lineup: Other Inspirational Speakers
- Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
- Michael Abbott, Executive Chairman, Columbia Care LLC
- H.E. Hassan Al Thawadi, General Counsel, Qatar Investment Authority
- Teresa C. Barger, Chief Executive Officer, Cartica Management, LLC
- Maria Bartiromo, Anchor & Global Markets Editor, FOX Business Network
- Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Nobel Laureate & President, The Salk Institute
- Adam B. Blitz, CEO & CIO, Evanston Capital Management
- David Bossie, Deputy Campaign Manager, Donald Trump Presidential Campaign
- R. Nicholas Burns, Former U.S. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs
- Governor Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida
- James Chanos, Founder & President, Kynikos Associates LP
- Anna Christy, Soprano – Award-Winning & International Opera Singer
- George Cook, Institutional Consulting Director, Graystone Consulting
- Eric Costa, Managing Director – Head of Hedge Fund Research, Cambridge Associates
- Clayton DeGiacinto, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, Axonic Capital LLC
- Vivek Dhayagude, Chief Technology Officer, SkyBridge Capital
- Robert Duggan, Partner & Senior Portfolio Manager, SkyBridge Capital
- Josh Earnest, White House Press Secretary For President Obama
- Don Fehrs, Ph.D., Principal Risk Management & Research
- Joshua S. Friedman, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CEO, Canyon Partners, LLC
- Emanuel J. Friedman, CEO & Co-CIO, EJF Capital LLC
- Troy Gayeski, Partner & Senior Portfolio Manager, SkyBridge Capital
- Nick Graziano, Managing Partner, Venetus Partners
- Jim Greenberg, Board Member, eSpear
- Chad Griffin, President, Human Rights Campaign
- Reade Griffith, Co-Founder, Tetragon
- Zhao Haiying, Chief Risk Officer, China Investment Corporation
- Kenneth J. Heinz, CFA, President, Hedge Fund Research, Inc.
- Chris Hentemann, Managing Partner & CIO, 400 Capital Management LLC
- Sir Michael Hintze, Founder, Chief Executive & Senior Investment Officer, CQS
- George Hornig, Chief Executive Officer, Transatlantic Financial Holdings, LLC
- Tony Hsieh, New York Times Bestselling Author and Chief Executive Officer, Zappos
- Colin Ireland, VP – Institutional ETF Strategist, State Street Global Advisors
- Brett R. Jefferson, President & Chief Investment Officer, Hildene Capital Management
- Mark Jeffries, Author & Communications Expert
- Jerry Jones, Owner, President & General Manager of Dallas Cowboys
- Jason Karp, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, Tourbillon Capital Partners, L.P.
- Aleksander Kwaśniewski, President of the Republic of Poland
- Marc Lasry, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Avenue Capital Group
- Marc Levin, Award Winning Independent Filmmaker & Executive Producer, Brick City TV
- Jon Lewinsohn, Managing Partner, Diameter Capital Partners LP
- John Lykouretzos, Founder & CIO, Hoplite Capital Management, L.P.
- Aristedes Mahairas, Special Agent in Charge, Special Operations/Cyber Division, FBI
- Omeed Malik, Managing Director, Global Head of Capital Strategy, BOA Merrill Lynch
- Morris Mark, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, Mark Asset Management
- James Maund, Vice President-ETF Capital Markets, State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
- Rosemary Mazanet, M.D. PhD, Chair, The Columbia Care Scientific Advisory Board
- Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman, Templeton Emerging Markets Group
- Rick Newman, Columnist, Yahoo Finance
- Ray Nolte, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, SkyBridge Capital
- Kevin O’Malley, Partner & Portfolio Manager, Chatham Asset Management, LLC
- George Papandreou, Prime Minister of Greece (2009-2011)
- Victor Park, Principal & Founder, Alternative Assets
- Felix Partow, Portfolio Manager, The Midway Group
- Christopher Pucillo, CEO & CIO, Solus Alternative Asset Management LP
- Douglas Rachlin, Managing Director & Senior Portfolio Manager, Neuberger Berman
- Bruce Richards, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Marathon Asset Management
- Sarah Robb O’Hagan, Chief Executive Officer, Flywheel Sports; Founder, Extreme You
- David Rosenblum, Partner & Portfolio Manager, Prophet Capital Asset Management L.P.
- Jack Ross, Principal & Co-Founder, Waterfall Asset Management
- Joseph Rotter, Managing Director, Neuberger Berman Investment Advisers LLC
- Aaron C. Rouse, Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Karl Rove, Former Deputy Chief of Staff & Senior Advisor to President George W. Bush
- Ricky Sandler, Founder, CEO & CIO, Eminence Capital, LP
- David C. Saunders, Founding Managing Director, K2 Advisors
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder, SkyBridge Capital
- Dr. Edward M. “Ted” Schaeffer, Chair, Department of Urology, Northwestern U.
- Erik Schatzker, Editor at Large, Bloomberg Television
- Adam Schefter, ESPN NFL Insider
- Andy Serwer, Editor in Chief, Yahoo Finance
- Stephen A. Smith, Featured Commentator, ESPN
- Zachary Squire, CIO & Co-Founder, Tekmerion Capital Management
- David Strine, Portfolio Manager, Impala Asset Management
- George Sullivan, Executive VP, State Street Corporation
- Anthony Todd, Chief Executive Officer, Aspect Capital
- Ariella Tolkin, Senior VP- Global Healthcare Investment Banking Group, Jefferies
- Nicolas Vassalli, Head of Portfolio Management, Structured Portfolio Management
- Gary Vaynerchuk, Founder, VaynerMedia
- Ty Wallach, Partner, Paulson & Co. Inc.
- Boaz Weinstein, Founder & Chief Investment Officer, Saba Capital Management, L.P.
- Ilana D. Weinstein, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, The IDW Group, LLC
- Basil Williams, Managing Director & Head of Portfolio Management, PAAMCO
- Robert Wolf, Chief Executive Officer, 32 Advisors & Chairman, Measure
- Ryan Wolfington, Founder & Member, Marty Hennessy Inspiring Children Foundation
- Sean Wolfington, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Wolfington Companies
- Jake Wood, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Team Rubicon USA
- Dr. Joon Yun, Managing Partner & President, Palo Alto Investors
- Roslyn Zhang, Managing Director, China Investment Corporation
All American Entertainment (AAE) is a full-service talent booking agency dedicated to representing the interests of meeting and event planners. AAE has helped thousands of the most respected companies, organizations, and universities identify and secure high-profile keynote speakers and celebrity talent for personal appearances, speaking engagements, promotional campaigns, and a wide range of other functions. AAE’s talent base includes professional business and motivational speakers, best-selling authors, top athletes, award-winning comedians, TV personalities, musicians, celebrity chefs, and many others.
For inquiries about booking a motivational keynote speaker for your next event, please contact us.