Thank you for an AMAZING 2010. It has truly been a memorable year and we are very grateful to have worked with you, gotten to know you better and to have had the privilege of sharing 2010 with you! From interactive and entertaining events to informative programs, we are grateful for the trust and faith shown in us by our customers - both new and old.
Like most years, there has been no shortage of newsworthy and transformative events, newfound sources of inspiration and motivation, breakout stars, scientific discovery, moments of extreme happiness and sadness, indelible memories, major changes both personally and professionally, and of course excitement and optimism for the year ahead.
On behalf of everyone here at All American Talent & Celebrity Network, we wish you the very best of holiday seasons and health, happiness and success in 2011!
As the end of the year approaches, we like to pause and reflect on the past year as we simultaneously look to the new year that is sure to be full of opportunity and inspiration.
2010 Year in Review and What to Watch for in 2011
- Favorite Booking of 2010: Hilary Swank
- Runner-up: Sir Richard Branson
- Best Industry Trends: TED delivers another year of inspiring, impactful and influential thought leaders. Launch of TEDWomen and Tremendous Growth of TEDx
- Enjoy Private Life: Larry King, Herb Kelleher, and Maria Shriver, who took the CA Women's Conference to New Heights.
- A Few Things to Watch: Oprah Winfrey launches OWN, Piers Morgan replaces Larry King, the new American Idol Judges (Steven Tyler & Jennifer Lopez), Lebron vs. Kobe, new Speaker of the House John Boehner, divided Congress and lots of debate about the Healthcare Bill, Immigration and the Economy.
- We've Got Questions: Will Facebook, Twiitter and Apple continue their dominance? Will Unemployment ever go down? What will the backlash be from Wikileaks? Will Obama finally live up to the hype? Is the Tea Party for real? How will various tensions be resolved with Afghanistan, China, Iran, Israel, Iraq and North Korea?
Headlines of 2010
- January: A 7.0-magnitude earthquake occurs in Haiti, devastating the nation's capital, Port-au-Prince. With a confirmed death toll over 230,000 it is one of the deadliest on record.
- February: The 2010 Winter Olympics are held in Vancouver and Whistler, Canada.
- April: The President of Poland, Lech Kaczyński, is among 96 killed when their airplane crashes in western Russia.
- April: The Deepwater Horizon oil platform explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, killing eleven workers. The resulting oil spill, one of the largest in history, spreads for several months, damaging the waters and the United States coastline, and prompting international debate and doubt about the practice and procedures of offshore drilling.
- May: The Eurozone and the International Monetary Fund agree to a €110 billion bailout package for Greece. The package involves sharp Greek austerity measures.
- June: July 11 – The 2010 FIFA World Cup is held in South Africa, and is won by Spain.
- July: Wikileaks, an online publisher of anonymous, covert, and classified material, leaks to the public over 90,000 internal reports about the United States-led involvement in the War in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010.
- August: The World Health Organization declares the H1N1 influenza pandemic over, saying worldwide flu activity has returned to typical seasonal patterns.
- October: Thirty-three miners near Copiapó, Chile, trapped 700 metres underground in a mining accident in San José Mine, are brought back to the surface after surviving for a record 69 days. November – WikiLeaks releases a collection of more than 250,000 American diplomatic cables, including 100,000 marked "secret" or "confidential".
- November: The European Union agree to an €85 billion rescue deal for Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility, the International Monetary Fund and bilateral loans from the United Kingdom, Denmark and Sweden.
All American Talent and Celebrity Network is an exclusive "buyers agent" representing the
interests of talent buyers, corporations, non-profits, event producers, prgencies,
universities and venues. We specialize in securing athletes, celebrities, celebrity chefs,
comedians, motivational speakers, television personalities and other prominent high profile
figures for corporate events, endorsements, personal appearances, media tours and speaking
This content is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only. All American
Talent & Celebrity Network does not claim or represent itself as the exclusive booking agent
or agency, business manager, publicist, speakers bureau, pr agency or management of any
artist or celebrity on this website.
All names, lists, companies, brands, events, topics, books or movies referenced in this
section were compiled using a combination of internal data, data which has been published by
various media organizations, as well as input and feedback from our staff and customers.
Inclusion in this section is in no way meant
to imply a relationship, association, affiliation, recommendation or endorsement of any kind
between the parties. All relationships are fully disclosed to our customers.