Host of "House Hunters," #1 show on HGTV and the spinoff show "House Hunters International," Plays Polly on the NBC series "Las Vegas," Award-winning, national touring stand-up comedian, Author of "Suzanne Whang's Guide to Happy Home Buying"
Suzanne Whang is an actor, television host, stand-up comedian, author, public speaker, radio host, dessert topping, and floor wax. And she was named one of People Magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful People of 2006. She has been paying all of her bills in the entertainment industry for the past two decades. Obviously, she started when she was 3 years old.
As an actor, Suzanne has appeared in numerous television series, including a hilarious recurring guest star role as Polly the oversexed spa manager on Las Vegas (she is on the ballot for her first Emmy nomination for this role!), a memorable guest starring role as the young Mrs. Lee on Cold Case, and co-starring roles on Two & a Half Men, Boston Legal, Still Standing, Criminal Minds, Nip/Tuck, The Practice, Strong Medicine, Robbery Homicide Division, Norm, and NYPD Blue. She appears in the Keanu Reeves feature film Constantine as a screaming mother whose daughter is possessed by soldier demons. Don't you hate when that happens? Suzanne did another feature film called Traci Townsend which debuted at the Pan African Film Festival in Los Angeles -- her scene-stealing role as a wise manicurist got audience applause! She also did a cameo appearance in the Hilary Duff feature, Material Girls. And Suzanne starred in the short film Seoul Mates, which won Best Acting Award and Audience Award at the Los Angeles 48 Hour Film Festival. If you're feeling nostalgic, rent the film Housesitter with Steve Martin and see Suzanne as Mr. Moseby's secretary. She wrote and starred in a sold-out one-woman show called I Make You Laughing and got standing ovations every night. Suzanne is a graduate of the acting program at the William Esper Studio in New York City, and also studied with Milton Katselas, Richard Lawson, Gary Imhoff and Jeffrey Tambor at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
As a host, she is currently in her fifth season of hosting House Hunters, the #1 rated show on HGTV (Home & Garden Television Network), and she also hosts the new hit spin-off show, House Hunters International. Both shows have been picked up for four more consecutive seasons! You might have also seen Suzanne host Homes of Our Heritage: Great American Women, Homes of Pasadena, Blitz Build 2000, Holiday Windows, and The Making of Rose Parade 2005 and 2006 on the same network. She had a great time as Dick Clark's co-host on TV's Censored Bloopers for NBC, while concurrently co-hosting New Attitudes on Lifetime Television. Prior to that, she was a field host/fill-in co-host for FOX After Breakfast, and a field host for Breakfast Time, Personal FX, and The Pet Department on the FX cable network. Suzanne received a NAMIC Award nomination for her work on Breakfast Time. Also an accomplished emcee, she has also been a red carpet host for An Evening at the Academy Awards on ABC, and she hosted the 20th Anniversary Gala Concert of the Korean Concert Society at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. Suzanne was featured as one of "Ten Women to Watch" in "A" Magazine. She was a celebrity presenter at the 2003 Vision Awards, which celebrates diversity in cable television. Suzanne co-hosted the America's Promise children's charity awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, and she also co-hosted the Miss Chinatown pageant in Seattle. She also emcees many charity events, including a Lupus Gala Charity Benefit and a Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Benefit. And Suzanne does humorous and inspirational public speaking gigs across the country, at corporations, high schools, universities, conventions, and whatever else floats her boat.
As a stand-up comedian, Suzanne won the First Annual ANDY KAUFMAN AWARD at the New York Comedy Festival! She was recognized for her Courage, Creativity, Originality and Humor by the festival judges. This award guaranteed her breakthrough appearance on Comedy Central's Premium Blend. She also won Best Up & Coming Comedian at the Las Vegas Comedy Festival, playing her controversial, shocking, and politically incorrect alter-ego, SUNG HEE PARK. The act is a satire of racism in America, reminiscent of Archie Bunker's character in the revolutionary sitcom, All In The Family. Suzanne regularly performs one-week stints at the Improv in Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe. She has performed in Los Angeles at the Comedy Store, the Laugh Factory, the Improv, the Ice House, the Friars Club, the HaHa Cafe, the House of Blues Foundation Room, and the Comedy Union. She has also performed at clubs in New York City, Seattle, and San Francisco. Suzanne's slogan for her comedy act is: "Don't judge a gook by her cover."
She has just written her first book, entitled Suzanne Whang's Guide to Happy Home Buying, which is currently in bookstores across the country and also available at www.amazon.com! The book uses Suzanne's lighthearted style and irreverent sense of humor to deliver great information about the home buying process. She also incorporates the law of attraction from quantum physics into the process of manifesting the home of your dreams!
In fact, Suzanne was the first person to send Oprah Winfrey a copy of “The Secret” DVD, which led to Oprah doing two episodes about the law of attraction. Suzanne attended the taping of the first episode in Chicago, and she appeared on “Oprah After The Show” on the Oxygen network.
Suzanne has just completed her first year of studying to become a Science of Mind minister, and her goal is nothing short of global change.
In her ever-embracing attitude towards dichotomy, she is also a guest host on Playboy Radio on the Sirius satellite network, discussing “Sex in the News” with Tiffany Granath every Wednesday morning. She chooses topics that are enlightening, provocative, uplifting and controversial, always with an eye towards the solution to any problem.
She is a graduate of Yale University with a B.A. in Psychology, and holds a Master's Degree in Cognitive Psychology from Brown University.
1) The power of humor for enlightenment and healing
• Laughter boosts your immune system
• Laughter raises your vibrational frequency
• Laughter levels the playing field and breaks down people’s defenses which helps in communication
• Laughter yoga classes are sweeping the nation
2) I sent Oprah Winfrey “The Secret” dvd, and look what happened!
• The power of taking inspired action, no matter how small the gesture
• The huge ripple effect that happened
• The way that the Law of Attraction worked in my story with how I got to attend the taping of that episode and meet Oprah
• The opportunities that arose from my trip to Chicago, including speaking in front of 1,000 people at the Agape Revelations Spiritual Conference in Washington D.C.
3) Manifesting your dreams – Yes, you CAN have it all
• The basic premise behind the Law of Attraction
• Practical ways to use the LOA to create the life you really want
• Abundance is real, scarcity is an illusion
• The ways in which I’ve used the LOA to create bliss in my own life
• Books, audio CDs, films and websites that you can use as resources
• Surrounding yourself with people who are like-minded
• Happiness and your attitude are your CHOICE
4) Science of Mind philosophy
• My journey with religion and spirituality
• What IS Science of Mind philosophy?
• Why am I studying to become a practitioner and minister in this philosophy?
• Does this philosophy contradict other religions?
• How can science and spirituality co-exist?
5) Manifesting financial abundance
• How your thoughts and beliefs actually create your current financial situation
• Worksheet with questions to ask yourself in order to begin to pinpoint your limiting beliefs around money
• What to do in order to change those core beliefs
• How I’ve changed my own financial life
• How to empower yourself with information about money
• There is plenty of money for everyone
• Once you’ve changed your beliefs, the inspired actions that you can take to magnetize wealth and create passive income with the goal of financial freedom
1) Life as an Asian-American woman
• Growing up as an outcast, fish out of water
• How being a navy brat affected my life
• Tips for parents who want to raise happy, successful children (from the point of view of someone who has amazing parents)
• Stupid things people say to Asian women – and how I used my anger and channeled it into my art
• Finding my voice and standing up for myself
2) Empowering minorities in the workforce
• Statistics are meaningless and need not apply to your life, so don’t buy into any statistics that tell you that you will not succeed
• Using the Law of Attraction to manifest success in your field of choice
• Using humor to communicate
• Teaching people how to treat you
3) Racism, stereotypes and ignorance in America – what’s the solution?
• We must have an ongoing dialogue about these issues
• Political correctness is actually damaging
• Free speech is crucial to the process of healing
• The evolution of language and the power of words
• Using humor to enlighten and heal
How al-anon revolutionized my life
• What is al-anon?
• How I got there
• Why are so many of us co-dependent?
• Practical ideas for taking better care of ourselves
• Parenting ourselves
• Put down the magnifying glass and pick up the mirror
• Resentment is like drinking a glass of poison and waiting for the other person to die
• Would you rather be happy, or right?
• Sweep your side of the street
• Don’t take anything personally
• World peace is an inside job
• How to use the Law of Attraction to create utopia
• Ideas for how to change your thoughts and feelings of cynicism, despair and hopelessness into optimism, bliss and empowerment
• Inspired actions you can take
• Inspirational quotes and stories of creating change on our planet
VOLUNTEERISM: THE IMPORTANCE OF GIVING BACK
• Why should I volunteer? My life is so busy!
• What does “giving back” really mean?
• Can I really make a difference?
• Stories of my own experiences with the LA Mission, Habitat for Humanity, Animal Rescue, Yale Alumni, and guest lecturing for Asian Studies classes
• What if I don’t have the time or the money to help?
Fee Information: Booking Fees to hire speakers and celebrities are determined based on a number factors and often change without notice. Some factors include: speakers schedule, length of presentation, location of event, market conditions, availability and interest. Fee Ranges listed on this website are intended to serve only as a guideline. For the most current celebrity fees or to check availability, please contact a booking agent.
Please Note: All American Speakers Bureau acts only as an entertainment broker/producer for corporate functions, private engagements and special events. All American Speakers Bureau does not claim or represent itself as the exclusive booking agency, business manager, publicist, speakers bureau or management for Suzanne Whang or any artists or celebrities on this website.
All American Speakers is a "buyers agent" and exclusively represents talent buyers looking to secure celebrities and speakers for personal appearances, speaking engagements, corporate entertainment, private events, public relations campaigns, promotions, commercials and product endorsements.
Profiles listed on this website are provided as a resource to our clients, which are meeting and event planners and other buyers of talent in order to provide them with the widest variety and selection of available talent. For more information on how we work and what makes us unique, please read about the All American Speakers Bureau Advantage.
Due to the volume of emails and calls we receive, we can no longer respond to inquiries related to any of the following:
Related Tags: Find More Information on booking Suzanne Whang for appearances, speaking engagements, endorsements/spokesperson, appearance fees, booking agency contact info, biography of Suzanne Whang, Contact an artist booking talent agent find a speakers bureau that can book Suzanne Whang, speaker booking agency for Suzanne Whang, list of similar speakers and celebrities for hire, what is the cost to book a top 10 motivational speaker, musician, comedian or famous athlete.