Senior Fellow at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government; Former Israeli Deputy National Security Advisor
Chuck Freilich was a deputy national security adviser in Israel. He is now a senior fellow at the Belfer Center at Harvard's Kennedy School. He recently completed a first of its kind book on Israel's national security decision making processes ("Zion's Dilemmas: How Israel Makes National Security Policy," Cornell Press, 2012). He is now working on a new book on Israeli national security strategy.
Chuck's primary areas of expertise are the Middle East, US-Middle East policy and Israeli national security policy. He has taught political science at Harvard, NYU, Columbia and Tel Aviv Universities.
Chuck has appeared as a commentator for ABC, CNN, NPR, El Jezira and various US and Israeli radio and TV stations. He has been quoted in the NY Times and other media and published numerous articles and op-eds.
Chuck was a Senior Analyst at the Israel Ministry of Defense, policy adviser to a cabinet minister, a delegate at the Israeli Mission to the UN and the executive director of two non profits. He served in the Israel Defense Forces for five years and is a reserve major.
Chuck earned his Ph.D. from Columbia University. Born in New York, he immigrated to Israel in his teens. He has two grown children, Lior and Tal.
Speaking topics include:
• The Arab Spring: Ramifications for the Region, Israel and the US
• Why the Middle East Erupted – and Why it Will Continue to Do So
• The Arab Spring - Where Is It Heading
• The Arab Spring Heads into Winter
• The Iranian Nuclear Threat: Ramifications for the US, Israel and the Region
• Speaking About the Unspeakable: The US-Israeli Dialogue on the Iranian Nuclear Program
• "Never Again" – The Iranian Threat and a Mid East Strategic Overview
• Is the Mid East Peace Process Dead?
• Is the Mid East Peace Process Dead? Ramifications for Israel, the Region and US
• Can the Peace Process Be Saved?
• Settlements and Occupation, or Palestinian Rejectionism: Why Has the Peace Process Failed?
• Settlements and Occupation, or Security and Palestinian Rejectionism: The Real Issues in the Peace Process
• How to Reach a Practical Two State Solution
General Middle Eastern Issues
• Mid East Overview - Regional Update
• Mid East Strategic Overview - Regional Update and an Israeli Perspective
• An Insider's Perspective on the Middle East: Threats and Opportunities
• Whither Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt?
• Egypt, Turkey, SA, Iran and Israel – An Unholy Quintet
• Syria, Lebanon and Israel?
• Understanding the Middle East:
o An Introduction to Egyptian/Iranian/Saudi/Turkish/Syrian/Lebanese National Security Policy (could be single lecture on one country or series)
o Israeli topics below
Israeli National Security
• Zion’s Dilemmas -National Security Decision Making in Israel
• Fundamentals of Israeli National Security Strategy – Threats and Strategic Reponses
• Getting Back to Basics (or The Heart of the Conflict); Israel’s Security Threats and Strategy
• A Jewish State, Not a Jewish Disneyland: Israel – Strategic Overview
• Seeking New Allies – Israel, Turkey and India
The above could include "An Insider's Perspective" or "Ramifications for US/Israeli Foreign Policy", as appropriate.
Fee Information: Booking Fees to hire speakers and celebrities are determined based on a number factors and often change without notice. Some factors include: speakers schedule, length of presentation, location of event, market conditions, availability and interest. Fee Ranges listed on this website are intended to serve only as a guideline. For the most current celebrity fees or to check availability, please contact a booking agent.
Please Note: All American Speakers Bureau acts only as an entertainment broker/producer for corporate functions, private engagements and special events. All American Speakers Bureau does not claim or represent itself as the exclusive booking agency, business manager, publicist, speakers bureau or management for Chuck Freilich or any artists or celebrities on this website.
All American Speakers is a "buyers agent" and exclusively represents talent buyers looking to secure celebrities and speakers for personal appearances, speaking engagements, corporate entertainment, private events, public relations campaigns, promotions, commercials and product endorsements.
Profiles listed on this website are provided as a resource to our clients, which are meeting and event planners and other buyers of talent in order to provide them with the widest variety and selection of available talent. For more information on how we work and what makes us unique, please read about the All American Speakers Bureau Advantage.
Due to the volume of emails and calls we receive, we can no longer respond to inquiries related to any of the following:
Related Tags: Find More Information on booking Chuck Freilich for appearances, speaking engagements, endorsements/spokesperson, appearance fees, booking agency contact info, biography of Chuck Freilich, Contact an artist booking talent agent find a speakers bureau that can book Chuck Freilich, speaker booking agency for Chuck Freilich, list of similar speakers and celebrities for hire, what is the cost to book a top 10 motivational speaker, musician, comedian or famous athlete.